THORNHILL PARK TENNIS CLUB: CLUB POLICIES & REGISTRATION WAIVER
Members may book up to 7 days in advance. Non-members may book up to 1 day in advance. Members may bring the same guest a maximum of 4 times per season.
The maximum duration permitted per booking for doubles is two hours at any time. The maximum duration permitted per booking for singles is one hour during prime time and super prime time. The maximum duration permitted per booking for singles is two hours during regular time.
48 hours cancellation notice is required for court bookings and Round Robins. Failure to comply will result in a cancellation fee equal to the court fee or Round Robin. For court bookings, the person who booked the court will be charged the full fee.
Members and Non-Members cannot use more than 3 balls on a court. Only coaches hired by the club, and parents with their own children, may use more than 3 balls on a court.
If you, or a family member who is registered as part of your family membership, have a past due amount owed to the club, the club may debit your Credit Card on Account for said amounts.
Cancellation Policy for Memberships
Fall & Winter: A 100% refund will be offered if you are not satisfied within the first 7 days of your membership. No refunds will be offered beyond 7 days of your membership registration.
Cancellation Policy for Lessons and Camps
7 days or more before program: If written notification is received 7 business days, or more, prior to the program start date there is a full refund, less a $50.00 fee.
Less than 7 days: If written notification is received less than 7 business days prior to the program start date, no refund or credit will be issued.
Program has ended: If written notification is received after the program has ended, no refund or credit will be issued.
Program is cancelled: If a registrant cannot be accommodated due to insufficient enrolment or other reasons, there will be a full refund. Transfers will be made wherever possible.
Participant is removed from the program by the Club staff: If a participant is withdrawn by our staff due to program incompatibility, there will be a pro-rated refund for the balance of the classes, less a $50.00 fee.
There are no refunds or credits for missed classes.
Rules of Conduct
Members and guests are to display proper tennis etiquette at all times, including during court change over times.
Unsportsmanlike behaviour will not be permitted. Any person will be asked to leave the premises if he or she is causing a disturbance to other users.
All players have the right to participate in activities in an environment that is free from discrimination and/or harassment. Language or activities that defeat this objective will not be tolerated.
Members and guests are prohibited from taking photos or videos during program & service delivery to ensure safety for all patrons. This effort is to preserve peoples right to privacy and is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Members and guests are to use the provided waste and recycling bins located between courts.
No food with peanuts or traces of nuts is to be consumed on the premises of the club.
Round Robins and House Leagues
For Round Robins, refer to the following policy:
Late Cancellation (morning of the Round Robin or House League) – 3 Infractions: the player will not be permitted to play for the following 6 weeks.
Not showing up – 3 Infractions: the player will not be permitted to play for the following 6 weeks.
Showing up later than 5 minutes – 3 Infractions: the player will not be permitted to play for the following 3 weeks.
COVID-19 FACILITY GUIDELINES
As the health and safety of all players and staff remains our number one priority, in addition to adhering to the Province of Ontario Framework for Reopening our Province, we will also be referencing the recommendations from the Ontario Tennis Association.
- Doubles play.
- Singles play.
- Private Lessons.
- Semi Private Lessons.
- Group lessons with up to 6 students.
- The Facility Ball Machine will be available for use.
- Maximum of 6 students per court.
- All drills will comply with social distancing requirements.
- Limited use of cones and targets. This equipment can only be touched by the coach. Each coach will have their own marked cones and targets.
- When possible, coaches will stay on the same court throughout the day to limit unnecessary contact with others.
- All balls used on a court would be immediately replaced if a player or coach is suspected of having contracted COVID-19.
- All coaches will be required to disinfect their hands between each lesson.
- Staff will disinfect ball hoppers, cones and markers each day.
PREPARING TO PLAY:
- All bookings are to be made online or by telephone.
- Clean your equipment, including your racquets and water bottles before each visit.
- Do not play if you or your opponent:
- Exhibit any coronavirus symptoms, such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- If you have been out of the country within the last 14 days.
- Bring Hand Sanitizer.
- Make sure you have enough water before leaving the house.
ENTERING THE FACILITY:
- Wear a mask prior to entering the facility.
- Apply hand sanitizer before entering the Facility.
- The Club will only be accepting credit card and debit card payments at this time.
- Follow the markers outside that lead into the clubhouse until you reach reception.
- The receptionist will ask you some Health Screening Questions.
- The receptionist will then direct you to specific Chairs in the clubhouse to change into your on-court shoes. Chairs will be separated by 2 meters/6 feet. The furniture will be removed to provide more space. Carry your outdoor shoes/boots with you. There will be a boot tray on every court.
- When directed by the receptionist, enter the bubble while maintaining social distancing of at least 2 meters/6 feet.
- Avoid touching the revolving door with your hands (You may push with your elbow or shoulder).
- Once the next group has entered the court, the group that has just finished playing may leave the court.
- Once you have left the court, please proceed outside through the clubhouse.
- The club reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone it feels presents a health risk.
- Only players and required staff are to enter the facility. Parents will be asked to drop off their kids and pick them up at the end of the lesson.
ON COURT SAFETY POLICIES:
- You may take off your mask when you reach your court.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters.
- Avoid touching your face. If you do touch your face, immediately disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer.
- When possible, avoid touching door handles and other objects where the virus could survive. If you touch something, disinfect your hands with your hand sanitizer or the hand sanitizer station located within the facility.
- Do NOT change sides of the court.
- Do NOT open the Court Dividers.
- Unless you live in the same household, do not share food, drinks, towels and equipment with anyone else in the Facility.
- Water bottles are NOT to be refilled at the facility. Either bring your own water bottle or you may purchase a bottle of water when you check in.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in a tissue or in your sleeve.
- Before leaving your court:
- Put on your mask
- Disinfect your hands with your own sanitizer or the sanitizer station located at the exit of the Bubble.
- Leave the facility immediately after you finish playing.
FACILITY SAFETY AND MAINTENANCE:
- We have placed a Hand Sanitizer station at the following locations:
- Next to the Clubhouse exit doors
- Next to the exit of the Bubble
- We have installed an Acrylic Barrier at the Front Desk.
- Signage related to Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, will be posted throughout the Facility.
- Clubhouse use will be limited to the following:
- Reception Area
- Washrooms whereby only 1 person is permitted in at a time. Wash and dry your hands thoroughly with the provided paper towel before leaving the washroom and dispose in the provided waste bin. Washrooms cannot be used for changing clothes or shoes.
- There are markings on the ground to provide proper social distancing for players and staff.
- In addition to our regular maintenance, all touch points within the facility will be cleaned and disinfected by our Receptionist frequently throughout the day.
- All chairs will be removed from the courts.
- Additional court and clubhouse maintenance will be completed off hours.
- Our booking system allows us to keep a log of who has played.
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19
This waiver & declaration must be completed prior to or upon visiting Thornhill Park Tennis club and before participating in any activity.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is known to spread mainly by contact from person to person. Consequently, local, provincial and federal governmental authorities recommend various measures and prohibit a variety of behaviors, in order to reduce the spread of the virus.
Thornhill Park Tennis club and its members commit themselves to comply with the requirements and recommendations of Ontario National, Provincial and local Public health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect. However, Thornhill Park Tennis club cannot guarantee that you (or your child, if participant is a minor/ or the person you are the tutor or legal guardian of) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Activities could increase your (or your child, if participant is a minor/ or the person you are the tutor or legal guardian of) risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
By signing this document,
1) I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume the risk that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) could be exposed or infected by COVID-19 by participating in Thornhill Park Tennis club activities. Being exposed or infected by COVID-19 may particularly lead to injuries, diseases or other illnesses.
2) I declare that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) am participating voluntarily in Thornhill Park Tennis club activities.
3) I declare that neither I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) nor anyone in my household, have experienced cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing).
4) If I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) experience, or if anyone in my household experiences any cold or flu-like symptoms after submitting this declaration, I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) will not attend any of Thornhill Park Tennis club activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
5) I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of), nor has any member of my household travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada, or in any Province outside of Ontario, in the past 14 days. If I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) travel, or if anyone in my household travels, outside the Province of Ontario after submitting this declaration, I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) will not attend any of Thornhill Park Tennis club activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since the date of return.
6) I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) agree to the requirements and recommendations of National, Provincial and local Public health and other governmental authorities and to those special safety regulations put in place by Thornhill Park Tennis club as it pertains the Covid-19 Coronavirus and to adopt all necessary measures to those effects.
7) I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) agree that, by filling out and signing this waiver and agreeing to the terms and conditions set out in it, I am giving up my legal rights to sue Thornhill Park Tennis club and its officers and directors, in the event that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of), contracts the Covid-19 Coronavirus.
This document will remain in effect until Thornhill Park Tennis club, as per the direction of the national, provincial and local government and health officials, determines that the acknowledgments in this declaration are no longer required.
This document is in addition to and does not replace all other Thornhill Park Tennis club waivers.
I HAVE SIGNED THIS DOCUMENT FREELY AND WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER
In enrolling at Thornhill Park Tennis Club, I, on behalf of myself and my family members, understand that those using and/or playing at Thornhill Park Tennis Club, and the facilities does so at his/her own risk.
I further understand that Thornhill Park Tennis Club, and its owners, board members, employees, volunteers, contractors and/or subcontractors or agents, shall not be liable for any damage whatsoever arising from any personal injury or property loss sustained by the participant in or about any use of the premises. I, on behalf of myself and my family members, assumes full responsibility for all injuries and damages which occur in or about any use of the premises and I, on behalf of myself and my family members, hereby fully and forever release, discharge and hold harmless Thornhill Park Tennis Club, all associated facilities and its owner, board members, employees, volunteers, contractors and/or subcontractors and agents from any and all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, actions, suits, or proceedings arising out of the participation of the above listed people in any activity resulting from any person’s participation in the facilities.
In addition, I, on behalf of myself and my family members, agree to follow the rules of conduct and play set by Thornhill Park Tennis Club and failure to do so may result in suspension from participation. I, on behalf of myself and my family members, also grant authority to the staff at Thornhill Park Tennis Club to render judgment, for the named participant, concerning medical assistance or hospital care in the event of an accident or illness.
This Release of Liability Waiver is applicable to all future registrations and renewals.
BY ELECTRONICALLY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY, INCLUDING YOUR/THEIR RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.